Bison sweet potato hash is an easy-to-make dish that is extremely healthy for you. This dish includes one of the leanest meats you can eat, bison. It also includes one of the best sources of carbohydrates in sweet potatoes. What more could you want when you are trying to eat healthy? This dish is sure to help you reach your goals and stay within your macros.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 40 min
Macros Per Serving
1.25 lb - Ground Bison
2 - Whole Eggs
2 - Sweet Potaotes (cubed)
2 cups - Portabella Mushrooms (cubed)
2 cups - Spinach (shredded)
1 tsp - Minced Garlic
1 tsp - Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Bake sweet potato cubes for 30 minutes at 400°F on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Mix raw ground bison and two whole eggs together in a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat; add the ground bison, eggs and garlic and cook mixture until it is semi-browned (a little pink remaining to the meat).
- Chop up portabella mushrooms and shred spinach.
- After ground bison mixture is semi-browned (pink still showing) add the chopped up portabella mushrooms and spinach to the mixture.
- Cook mixture until mushrooms and spinach are cooked down.
- After the sweet potatoes have finished baking add them to the cooked ground bison mixture. Cook and mix for another 5 minutes allowing the sweet potatoes to absorb the flavors.
- Serve and enjoy your gains.
Note: You can add salt and pepper to taste.