Unicorn Cookie Protein Cake Pops
We infused our Protein Cake Pops with the 2019 Protein of the Year, Unicorn Cookie Shake from MuscleSport, to add color and flavor. You wouldn't believe these are less than 65 calories each!
Cook Time15 mins
Freeze Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 9 cake pops
- 30 grams MuscleSport Unicorn Cookie Shake Lean Whey Protein
- 6 tbsp Truvia zero calorie sugar alternative
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch tapioca or potato starch works too
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Pasteurized Egg Whites
- 3 tbsp Fat-Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Applesauce unsweetened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Butter Extract
- 2 tbsp Fat-Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners Sugar powder sugar alternative
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Butter Extract
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkles
- 2 tbsp White Chocolate Baking Chips melted
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil melted
- Red Food Coloring optional
Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Cake Batter ingredients including MuscleSport's Unicorn Cookie Shake Lean Whey Protein [code INFORMANT40 saves 40%].
Spray 6" round cake pan or muffin tin with non-stick spray. Pour cake batter into pan or into six muffin compartments. Bake for 15 minutes.
While cake is baking, in a small bowl combine ingredients for frosting until mixture is smooth. You can add sprinkles, but this is optional.
When cake is done baking and cooled, in a medium bowl break up into small pieces (use a fork if needed). Add frosting to cake mixture and mix until blended.
Form cake and frosting mixture into small 2" balls, place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray. Insert cake pop sticks into each cake pop. Freeze for 30-minutes.
While cake pops freeze, melt white chocolate baking chips and coconut oil together. When melted, add a couple drops of red food coloring to turn the coating red or pink. This is your coating. You can add more of this mixture if you want your coating thicker.
When cake pops are cooled, dip each cake pop into coating. Add sprinkles or other toppings. Enjoy.