You can have your cheesecake and eat it too! So many of us search the web long and hard to find a healthy variation of a favorite in cheesecake, but come up empty. Or we come so close, find a recipe, then realize it is too damn complicated for anyone to make at home. That stops here!
We've created a high-protein, low-carb cheesecake recipe with BOLD flavor. This variation of cheesecake features Grenade's highly rated Carb Killa Dark Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bar. The recipe also features flour and sugar alternatives to reduce the amount of carbs.
Almond flour is the flour of choice as it is lower in carbs, but still tastes great! You can use other variations of flour, but we do not recommend them.
You can reduce the amount of fat in this recipe if you elect to use a light butter. We used a grass fed butter from KerryGold so we would obtain the healthy fats (omegas) that are rich in KerryGold butter.
The granulated sugar substitute is really your preference. We used Truvia. There are other alternatives you can use such as Monk Fruit, Stevia, and Swerve. Truvia, we feel, is the closest thing we've tried to real sugar to keep the integrity of the flavor.
The filling is comprised of low-fat cream cheese, fat-free vanilla Greek Yogurt and a vanilla protein powder of your choice. If you can find fat-free cream cheese (it is SO hard to find) that would cut the amount of fat down even more. We used 1/3 fat cream cheese with the fat-free vanilla yogurt. If you want a creamier, thicker texture, go with a vanilla casein protein.
You can have fun with the toppings. The only topping that is a MUST is the Grenade Carb Killa Dark Chocolate Raspberry protein bar. This gives this cheesecake that rich raspberry flavor with the sweet and bitter tones of dark chocolate. Make sure you cut these up into small chunks to spread across the filling. We elected to use fresh raspberries to go with the theme of the dessert.
Our Dark Chocolate Raspberry Chunk Protein Cheesecake is easy to make. Anyone can do it. It is also very affordable.
What are you waiting for? We know you're hungry. Bon appetit!
Use coupon code INFORMANT to save 25%
MACROS (per slice)
Makes 8 slices
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Chunk Protein Cheesecake
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar Substitute* *we used Truvia
- ¼ cup Butter* *we used KerryGold
- 8 oz Low Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Fat-Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 bar Grenade Carb Killa Dark Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bar cut into chunks
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F and spray cooking spray at the bottom of a 7" springform pan.
- Combine almond flour, granulated sugar substitute and butter into bowl. Mix ingredients until mixture forms a ball.
- Spread mixture across the bottom of the pan using a spatula or your fingers. Make sure mixture goes to the edges of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 11-13 minutes or until the top begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove crust from oven, reduce heat to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt and protein powder in a bowl. Mix ingredients until mixture is a creamy texture. Additional Greek yogurt may be added if mixture is too thick.
- Spray the springform pan with a bit more cooking spray on the sides. Spread protein cheesecake mixture evenly on top of baked and cooled crust. You may use a spatula to do this.
- Bake for an additional 23-25 minutes at 350° until center is set.
- Cooling & Toppings
- Let protein cheesecake cool at room temperature before running knife around the edges of the protein cheesecake. Refrigerate protein cheesecake for 2-3 hours before adding toppings.
- Once cooled from the refrigerator, top protein cheesecake with Grenade's Carb Killa Dark Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bar [use code INFORMANT to save 25%] chunks, fresh raspberries and melted dark chocolate chips (microwave these until melted).