Carrot Cake. YUM! That creamy layer of cream cheese. The spices from the cinnamon and the nutmeg. There's just something about it that makes it taste so damn good. Oh, that's right, it's the fat that we cannot have in this lifestyle. Well, we just changed the damn game! Introducing our Protein Packed Carrot Cake featuring NutraBio Micellar Casein Alpine Vanilla!
Many have attempted and many have failed, but we succeeded in making a delicious protein packed take on a traditional favorite in carrot cake. The Alpine Vanilla flavor casein from NutraBio adds a nice flavor to the cake base, but also adds high quality protein giving this dish a whopping 17g protein per slice (8-slices per cake). You cannot beat that!
Outside the 17g protein per slice, the best part about this cake is we use REAL CREAM CHEESE! Yes, yes we do! We do use the fat-free version but the flavor and taste is still the same. You get that great consistency we love about cream cheese frosting. We toss in Swerve Confectioners Sugar for sweetness (0 calories) and 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt and BOOM! You're going to love this so much.
Each slice contains less than 1g fat (.5g per slice). Are you kidding me?! No we are not. This is one of the most macro-friendly dessert recipes you will ever find on the internet, Betty Crocker cookbook or stone plate somewhere. We did it!
The secret is using applesauce and pumpkin to make this carrot cake moist. Couple that with the layer of REAL cream cheese (did we mention there's REAL cream chese in this?) between the two cakes AND smothered all over the cake, you will get a dish that is rich in flavor and in gains.
Feel free to use pre-shredded carrots from the grocery store to cut down time. That's what we did. As you can see, it turned out great.
There are several ingredients we use over and over here at the FIt Kitchen. We recommend you stock them so you can continue to make these amazing recipes at-home. Guilt-free is the way to be. Let's GOOOOO!
Use code INFORMANT to save 10%
MACROS (per serving)
Makes 8 Slices
Protein Packed Carrot Cake
- 2 scoops NutraBio Micellar Casein Protein - Alpine Vanilla
- 30 g Coconut Flour
- 6 tbsp Truvia sugar alternative
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon
- pinch Nutmeg
- 90 g Applesauce unsweetened
- 90 g Pumpkin
- 45 g Carrots shredded
- 275 mL Liquid Egg Whites
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
REAL Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Fat-Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray two 9" cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients from the cake ingredients. Our recommended protein is NutraBio Micellar Casein Alpine Vanilla [code INFORMANT save 10%]. Mix ingredients until well blended.
- Split the cake mixture evenly between the two 9" greased cake pans. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- While cakes bake, combine REAL cream cheese frosting mixture in a small bowl. We recommend using Swerve Confectioners Sugar to mimic powdered sugar without the calories. Mix until well blended.
- When cakes are done baking, place on cooling rack for 30 minutes before you start to frost. Once cakes are cooled, spread REAL cream cheese frosting over cake #1, add cake #2 in top of it (creates a layered cake) and spread the remaining cream cheese frosting on the entire cake. Sprinkle cinnamon on top, if you wish. Enjoy