MuscleTech is at it again. Today, they announced the release of Cell-Tech Next Gen. This will be available in the next two weeks.
The following claims are made from MuscleTech:
- More clinically studied muscle building ingredients than any other creatine formula
- New, patented, natural and exclusive CinDura®:
- Builds 5.1lbs of muscle in 6 weeks
- Increases strength by 42.9lbs vs placebo
- Musclebuilding power of betaine – 3.75lbs of muscle
- Phosphatidic acid to enhance protein synthesis to help promote growth in muscle size and strength
- The only creatine formula featuring a 4:1:1 BCAA ratio for optimal leucine delivery
- 5g of creatine per scoop – more than most formulas
- Specialized carb complex designed to support creatine saturation and glycogen replenishment
- Replenishes electrolytes using deep ocean mineral water, watermelon juice and coconut water
- Fully disclosed, clinically dosed, zero gimmicks
MuscleTech is attempting to take creatine to the next level. Cell-Tech Next Gen will feature CinDura®, a botanical-based proprietary combination of Garcinia mangostana fruit rind extract and Cinnamomum tamala leaf extract (Indian bay leaf), clinically shown to support muscular strength, boost endurance and increase lean mass.
CinDura® has been clinically studied and shown to support strength and performance, as well as muscle gains, in resistance training subjects. Moreover, based on emerging pre-clinical research, CinDura® is believed to work through multiple mechanisms that facilitate muscle energy production and promote anabolic activity (muscle growth) while inhibiting catabolic activity (muscle breakdown).
Based on emerging pre-clinical findings, researchers believe the active components of CinDura® help to enhance mitochondrial function. Mitochondria are the “engines” of our muscle cells, and efficient mitochondria help increase energy production to support lifting and endurance exercises. CinDura® is also thought to support the increase of AMPK activity (5′ AMP-activated protein kinase), which then influences various metabolic pathways to enhance strength, increase energy and modulate macronutrient usage. Active components of CinDura® may even inhibit the proteasome pathway to help prevent muscle breakdown.
In a 42-day randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 38 recreationally trained subjects, those taking 800mg of CinDura® significantly increased their strength, endurance and body mass composition versus the placebo group.
Increased Strength and Endurance
- Significantly increased 1-RM bench press by 51.7 lbs. lifted vs. just 7.5 lb. in placebo group
- Significantly increased 1-RM leg press by 64.6 lbs. pushed vs. just 11.5 lb. in placebo group
- Significantly increased muscular endurance (as measured by # of reps on leg extensions) by an average of 6.6 reps vs. just 2.1 reps in placebo group
- Significantly increased time-to-exhaustion (as measured by treadmill run) by an average of 4.9 minutes vs. just 2.5 minutes in placebo group
Increased Body Mass
- Significantly increased lean body mass by an average of 5.0 lbs. vs. just 1.1 lbs. in placebo group
Fitness Informant’s Take: This is an interesting supplement. There have been a lot of plays in the creatine field. We all know creatine monohydrate is one of the most well-studied proven ingredients on the market. However, this doesn’t seem just like another play on the creatine market. Cell-Tech Next Gen will feature 5g of creatine, but also BCAAs, carb source, CinDura® and Betaine.
Luckily for all of you, MuscleTech has agreed to send us a bottle so we can personally review the product. This will be our first run with a product using CinDura®. (MuscleTech has exclusivity of this ingredient). Look for our full review to publish in the next month.