Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Actually, it's the best meal of the day. You can have breakfast for lunch, for dinner, for dessert, for a snack...whenever you want. Let's be honest, is there much better out there than a nice stack of French toast? How about apple pie French toast? Here's one even better, Apple Pie Protein French Toast featuring USN's ZeroCarb IsoPro Apple Pie 100% Whey Protein Isolate.
Breakfast foods are some of the most fun foods to make because they tend to be simple. This recipe falls into that category. Keep it simple stupid (KISS) apples to our Apple Pie Protein French Toast. We would venture to guess anyone can make this!
This recipe calls for ONLY four ingredients. You need a scoop of USN ZeroCarb IsoPro (no carbs and no fats) 100% Whey Protein Isolate, 50g Pasteurized Egg Whites (they MUST be pasteurized since you will use the remaining batter for your "syrup"), 1/4 cup almond milk and a slice of whole wheat bread. Not only is it simple, it is inexpensive to make.
This is an extremely macro-friendly recipe featuring over 30g protein per serving and only 2g of fat. Yes, you do get carbs from the bread, but you can swap out the whole wheat bread with Ezekiel or a low-carb bread source if you wish. The foundation of any French toast is the bread. If you take it too far it is no longer French toast.
This recipe does not require you to use syrup but you can if you wish. We will use our left over batter to drench the French toast to increase our protein intake. You can add your favorite toppings, whether it's real apples and cinnamons, or maybe you want to add your favorite nut-butter or sugar free-syrup. The choice is yours. Breakfast is served.
Use coupon code INFORMANT to save 20%
MACROS (per serving)
Makes 1 serving
Apple Pie Protein French Toast
- 1 scoop USN ZeroCarb IsoPro Apple Pie Protein
- 50 g Pasteurized Egg Whites
- ¼ cup Almond Milk unsweetened
- 1 slice Whole Wheat Bread
- Combine USN ZeroCarb IsoPro Apple Pie Protein [use code INFORMANT to save 20%] with egg whites and almond milk. Mix until well blended.
- Coat whole wheat bread on both sides by dipping it into the batter.
- Cook both sides of french toast until fully cooked. Drizzle remaining batter over the top of the french toast. Add your favorite toppings like cinnamon, apples, peanut butter or sugar-free syrup.