Coffee. Let us say that again...COFFEE. Coffee has become an obsession for people. It's not just because the caffeine fix coffee gives you, but the creativity you can have as an amateur barista! Okay, may it is just the taste that we've become obsessed with. Coffee is so mainstream we decided to put it into a protein packed cookie. Our Caramel Macchiato Espresso Chip Protein Cookies features RedCon1's popular MRE Lite Powder in Caramel Macchiato flavor.
Caramel Macchiato in itself is delicious. It gives you that bold flavor of coffee with the subtle hint of caramel we all love and adore. The addition of the espresso morsels is what puts this cookie over-the-top for coffee lovers. From the first bite to the aftertaste, you will get all coffee (and good protein!)
RedCon1 MRE Lite is so versatile to bake with it only made sense to use it here in this recipe. They also have so many flavors to choose from, which means we get to have some fun here at the FIt Kitchen.
The fact that these cookies have very few calories comes from the use of zero calorie sweeteners. We use a sugar-free syrup and Truvia, both sweeteners that have minimal to zero calories. This allows us to still get the sweetness we need in a cookie, but not have to absorb all those unnecessary carbs and sugars. In fact, this may be one of the most macro-friendly cookies you ever eat with only 54 calories per cookie!
Are you ready to become a FIt Baker like us? Welcome to the FI BULKery! Expect to see many more recipes from RedCon1 and the MRE line. For now, enjoy our Caramel Macchiato Espresso Chip Protein Cookies with a side of espresso. Let's GOOOO!
MACROS (per serving)
Makes 18 serving
Caramel Macchiato Espresso Chip Protein Cookies
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- ¼ cup Truvia or sugar alternative
- 2 scoops RedCon1 Caramel Macchiato MRE Lite
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Sugar-Free Syrup
- ¼ cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole Medium Egg
- ¼ cup Espresso Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Combine ingredients together in a medium bowl, including the 2 scoops RedCon1 Caramel Macchiato MRE Lite powder [code INFORMANT saves 20%]. Mix together until well blended.
- Place a tablespoon of cookie dough approximately .5" apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel (optional). Enjoy.