We don't use the word "orgasmic" often, but when we are speaking out this recipe we created with Marc Lobliner's MTS Nutrition Creamy Red Velvet Machine Whey we couldn't think of a better word. Who doesn't love red velvet cake? Well, we just made it that much better by infusing it with quality protein and even more deliciousness in our Inside Out Red Velvet Stuff Protein Cookies!
Traditional Red Velvet Cake, although it is FRICKEN delicious, it contains so much fat and carbs from the cream cheese and the sugars used. Not to mention the flour and all the other carb sources that makes the traditional version a blood sugar rocketship. We were able to create a healthy version of the recipe which adds protein and cuts down carbohydrates and fats tremendously. In fact, each cookie contains only 132 calories! It should be a crime!
A couple secrets to the recipe are using alternatives or fat-free options to what we typically use. First, sugar, we do not use traditional cane sugar. We use Swerve Confectioners powdered sugar alternative. This is zero calorie sugar alternative that taste and looks just like powdered sugar. It is amazing with the cream cheese filling.
Speaking of cream cheese, this is another hack you can do. Find a fat-free version of cream cheese. A lot of grocery stores carry 1/3 fat cream cheese, you really want to find the fat-free version. It will cut down the fats dramatically. The best part is that this still tastes BOMB!
Coconut flour is the flour used in the recipe, which is greatly preferred to traditional white flour. It is also better for you, plus it bakes extremely well.
To maintain the level or moisture in the cookies, giving it a "cake-like" texture, we use applesauce and Greek yogurt. The combination of these two ingredients, plus sugar-free syrup, makes the batter moist and the cookies almost brownie/cake-like. You will really enjoy it.
Let's not forget about the filling. The deliciousness of cream cheese and "powdered" sugar. This is a dessert that should contain over 1,000 calories per cookie but it is a fraction of that. Trust us when you say you will make these over and over again. As our buddy Marc Lobliner would say, "BOOM!" Enjoy.
MACROS (per serving)
Makes 6 Cookies
Inside Out Red Velvet Stuffed Protein Cookies
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop MTS Nutrition Creamy Red Velvet Machine Whey TigerFitness.com
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 2 ½ tbsp Swerve Confectioners Sugar Alternative
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp White Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar Alternative
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients from cookie including MTS Nutrition Creamy Red Velvet Machine Whey. Mix until blended. Add Greek Yogurt and mix until mixture is well blended. Add white chocolate chips and mix.
- In small mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Place 6 tbsp of dough on greased cookie sheet. Use back of a spoon to create indent in cookie dough. Add 1 tbsp cream cheese filling to each cookie. Use remaining cookie dough to cover cream cheese. Seal each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 16-18 minutes. Allow cookies to cool. Enjoy.