Oreo's may be the most popular cookies of all-time. They have them available in practically every flavor with every cream filled option. You can get thin, regular, double stuffed and now you can even get mega stuffed! Living a healthy way of life prevents most of us from diving into a carton of Oreo's. What if I told you that we can do you one better? What if I told you we created a recipe that is even more amazing than the real Oreo's? Well, we did.
Protein powder is so versatile and it can be added to virtually anything. However, just adding protein powder to a recipe doesn't make it "healthy." Most of these recipes still feature high carbohydrate sweeteners or fat filled ingredients. We did our best to find suitable replacements for the traditional ingredients that would make this recipe unhealthy.
The highlight of the recipe is the double stuffed cream filling. We used a powder sugar substitute called Swerve, which tastes just like powdered sugar but features 0 calories. The other highlight ingredient is the use of Muscle Feast's Grass-Fed Vanilla Casein Protein. Not only does this provide protein content to the filling, it also gives it a delicious vanilla flavor. Of course there is a fat source in coconut oil, but the fats in coconut oil are MCT and are healthy for you.
The cookie base also features protein powder. We used a Fitness Informant Approved Chocolate Whey Protein. This also adds more protein content and flavor to the base of the cookie. Keeping the cookie nice and moist is the use of unsweetened applesauce. If you've ever baked with applesauce before you know how great this ingredient is. The deep rich chocolate flavor comes from both the protein powder, but also the unsweetened cocoa powder.
We used two alternative ingredients in the base of the cookie to make them more healthy. Instead of traditional white flour, we used coconut flour, which features fewer carbs and better taste. We also used another sugar substitute in Truvia, a 0 calorie sweetener.
We've made a lot of recipes here at the FI Kitchen, this may be the best one yet. The cookies are so soft they almost fall apart in your mouth. The cream filled center is sweet and delicious. Just because you live a healthy lifestyle doesn't mean you should be deprived of all the good things this world has to offer. Make baking fun again. Try these and let us know what you think!
Use coupon code INFORMANT to save 10%
MACROS (per sandwich)
Makes 9 sandwiches
Double Stuffed Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- ¼ cup Truvia any sugar substitute
- 1 scoop Fitness Informant Approved Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Sugar-Free Syrup
- ¼ cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 medium Whole Egg
- ½ cup Powder Sugar Substitute
- 1 scoop Muscle Feast Vanilla Casein Protein
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil melted
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Combine Cookie ingredients together in a medium bowl. Mix together until well blended.
- Place a tablespoon of cookie dough approximately .5" apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While cookies bake, combine Cream Filling ingredients together in small bowl including Muscle Feast Grass-Fed Vanilla Casein Protein [use coupon code INFORMANT to save 10%].. Mix until well blended.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool 15-20 minutes.
- Once cookies are cooled, add 1 tbsp of Cream Filling to every other cookie. Sandwich cookies together. Enjoy.