One of the best candy bars of all time is, without argument, Reese's Cups. I looked up and down the supermarket aisles for the peanut butter in the jar so I could eat all day everyday. The biggest issue with these are that they are so delicious that you can eat a zillion in one setting. The fat and sugar content is so high that it is not at all good for us.
Insert Nuts 'N More Dark Chocolate Almond Spread. This nut butter spread is out-of-this-world amazing. It is not filled with processed sugars like the "peanut butter" in Reese's, but filled with healthy fats and protein.
So, does this mean we cannot have Reese's ever again? NO! Let's just make them at-home ourselves. This simple recipe calls for very few ingredients and absolutely NO BAKING REQUIRED. These are no bake homemade Dark Chocolate Almond Butter "Reese's" Cups.
The base of these cups is Nuts 'N More Dark Chocolate Almond Butter and melted coconut butter. We leverage unsweetened cocoa powder to create the chocolate base, but withhold it from the peanut butter layer.
Instead of sugary syrups, we elected to go with the 0 calorie Walden Farm's Pancake Syrup to help keep these "Reese's" cups friendlier on your macros. You can find this at any supermarket.
This recipe will make 10-12 cups depending how much you put in each. Trust us, you will love these. These are RICH in taste so you may not want more than one in a setting. This not only takes a handle on your sweet tooth, but it also ensures you don't eat so many in one setting.
Nuts 'N More was seen on Shark Tank, and now you can find it right here at Fitness Informant. Welcome to the Kitchen of FI.
Use coupon code INFORMANT to save 10%
MACROS (per cup)
Makes 10 cups
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter "Reese's" Cups
- ⅔ cup Nuts 'N More Dark Chocolate Almond Spread
- 5 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Walden Farm's Pancake Syrup
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Line a cupcake pan with 10 tinfoil liners. Spray each liner with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small/medium bowl, combine 1/3 cup Nuts 'N More Dark Chocolate Almond Spread [use code INFORMANT to save 10%], 2.5 tbsp melted coconut butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 tbsp Walden Farm's Pancake Syrup. Scoop a heaping 1/2 tbsp into each tin. This is your "chocolate" layer.
- In a small/medium bowl, combine 1/3 cup Nuts 'N More Dark Chocolate Almond Spread [use code INFORMANT to save 10%], 2.5 tbsp melted coconut butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tbsp Walden Farm's Pancake Syrup. Scoop a heaping 1/2 tbsp into each tin. This is your "peanut butter" layer.
- Sprinkle each cup with Pink Himalayan Salt and place tin in freezer for 30 minutes. Enjoy.