Subscribe to the show on the following platforms:
About This Episode
BCAAs or EAAs, which do you prefer? REAAL Muscle launched an EAA product using marketing claims backed by a 2017 study by Dr. Wolfe (Branched-chain amino acids and muscle protein synthesis in humans: myth or reality?), some claims in which people took offense too. We welcome in REAAL National Sales Director Ian Bell and one of those critical of the claims, Kenton Engle, the CMO of Core Nutritionals to debate the topic of BCAAs vs. EAAs and the 2017 Wolfe study. You don’t want to miss this! Subscribe now!
Topics Covered on this Show
- EAAs vs. BCAAs
- 2017 Dr. Wolfe Study
- REAAL Muscle claims
- BCAAs vs. EAAs
Links From Show
- Branched-chain amino acids and muscle protein synthesis in humans: myth or reality?
- The Lies About EAAs Stop Here – by Kenton Engle
- Activation of mTORC1 by leucine is potentiated by branched-chain amino acids and even more so by essential amino acids following resistance exercise.
- Branched-Chain Amino Acid Ingestion Stimulates Muscle Myofibrillar Protein Synthesis following Resistance Exercise in Humans
- Effects of leucine-enriched essential amino acid and whey protein bolus dosing upon skeletal muscle protein synthesis at rest and after exercise in older women.
- Leucine supplementation of a low-protein mixed macronutrient beverage enhances myofibrillar protein synthesis in young men: a double-blind, randomized trial.
About The Host
Ryan Bucki is the president of FitnessInformant.com. Ryan started Fitness Informant in 2016 as a platform to help educate others on all topics health, wellness, fitness and supplements. Ryan worked for an online supplement company to learn the inside aspect of the supplement industry. Ryan is also a certified fitness trainer through the International Sports Sciences Association.
He is also a former professional wrestler (WWE style). Ryan wrestled professionally for 10 years, cultivating with a WWE tryout in 2003. A combination of being overweight and involved in professional wrestling got Ryan into health, fitness and supplements.