Food should be fun. We did just that with our Protein Double Chocolate/Maple Chocolate Chip Brookie Recipe. It is not the most macro friendly recipe on the internet; we fully admit that. However, it will be one of the most delicious.
The Protein Double Chocolate/Maple Chocolate Chip Brookie is exactly what it sounds like: chocolate chip cookie and brownie together as one. We incorporated GHOST's Vegan Protein Pancake Batter flavor (use coupon code INFORMANT to save 20%) in this recipe to give it added protein and flavor.
If you're vegan and looking to make this recipe, just make sure that your chocolate chips do not contain dairy. You may have to substitute the M&Ms for a different topping as well. You also want to substitute the egg for something like a chia egg recipe.
For those of you who are not vegan, knock yourself out with this recipe. Heck, add more toppings if you want for bulking season! (OK you don't have too, but this is a fun recipe so explore!)
If you're looking to substitute GHOST's Vegan Protein you can look into it, but whey has a different consistency and when baked it's denatured.
We said it wasn't super macro friendly, but it is not on a level of a #physiquedestroyer. If you feel like cheating, but not going all the way, this recipe is a mouth watering selection.
MACROS (per serving)
Protein Double Chocolate/Maple Chocolate Chip Brookie
Ingredients for the Double Chocolate Brownie Layer
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips + 1 handful
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 large Egg + 1 yolk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup No Sugar Added Apple Sauce
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Granulated Stevia or Splenda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Ingredients for Protein Maple Chocolate Cookie Layer
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop GHOST Vegan Pancake Protein
- 2 tbsp Granulated Stevia or Splenda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 bag Regular M+Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray or grease brownie pan (11"x7" or a Round Cake Pan).
Double Chocolate Brownie Layer
- In a large bowl melt 1/2c chocolate chips and coconut oil together.
- Stir to combine completely and cool slightly.
- Stir in the egg+ 1 yolk, vanilla extract and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sweetener and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer the brownie layer into the prepared pan and smooth evenly. Top with remaining handful of chocolate chips.
Protein Maple Chocolate Cookie Layer
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Flour, coconut flour, GHOST Vegan Protein Powder (use code INFORMANT to save 20%), sweetener, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg till beaten. Once beaten whisk in syrup and the melted coconut oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until completely combined and a thicket slightly crumbly cookie batter is formed. Then, fold in the chocolate chips gently.
- Use your hands to add the chocolate chip cookie mixture over the brownie dough in an even layer over the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the edges of the cookie dough start to become golden, then place a piece of tinfoil over the top of the pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Cool completely and add M+Ms. SERVE!