Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You should start it out with a protein packed, easily digestible meal. Our protein packed buckwheat pancakes, featuring GHOST's Vegan Protein, is the perfect way to start and/or end your day!
Our protein packed buckwheat pancakes are also extremely fluffy. While many protein pancake recipes leave your pancakes being thin and hard, not ours. These will have the texture of fresh buttermilk pancakes, just with better macros and a focus on protein.
We incorporated GHOST's Vegan Protein Pancake Batter flavor (use coupon code INFORMANT to save 20%) in this recipe to give it added protein and flavor. You can substitute for GHOST Whey if you want, vegan protein is not required.
You may also swap out the buckwheat flour for a flour of your choice. Another common, acceptable alternative is almond flour. Just be sure to follow the instructions closely.
We recommend topping your protein buckwheat pancakes with your favorite healthy toppings. We love to use sugar-free syrup and a fruit of choice like bananas or strawberries.
Pancakes are meant to be consumed at any time of day. It does not have to be a breakfast item. You can eat this for lunch or dinner.
The recipe is not vegan. You could possibly make it vegan by using a chia egg, but we have not tested that for texture and taste.
You ready to start or end your day right? Let's GOOOOO!
MACROS (per serving)
Buckwheat Protein Pancakes
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour or flour of choice
- 1/2 scoop Ghost Pancake Batter Vegan Protein can also sub Ghost Whey
- 2 egg whites whipped to form peaks in separate bowl
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4-1/2 cup water enough to form thick batter for dry ingredients
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whip 2 egg whites till stiff peaks.
- Mix liquid ingredients in separate bowl.
- Combine liquid and dry ingredients (including GHOST Vegan Pancake Batter use coupon code INFORMANT to save 20%). Let sit in fridge for 5 mins to cool and thicken.
- Lightly mix batter into egg whites till combined.
- In a pan on medium heat, place batter to form regular sized pancake.
- Allow to cook on one side until bubbles form then flip. Repeat till all batter is used.